Arrow Fat Left Icon Arrow Fat Right Icon Arrow Right Icon Cart Icon Close Circle Icon Expand Arrows Icon Facebook Icon Instagram Icon Pinterest Icon Hamburger Icon Information Icon Down Arrow Icon Mail Icon Mini Cart Icon Person Icon Ruler Icon Search Icon Shirt Icon Triangle Icon Bag Icon Play Video

Luna Angel

Luna Angel

By Michelle Talley

Ciao from Minneapolis! How is it possible that it is already August? I hope everyone is having a good summer. It is always so busy, packing in lots of fun, sun and more fun into each day.

Fitting in time to play in the studio is always a good break from all the action.


My August project kept going in so many directions, I just couldn't decide which Amazing Alterable I wanted to use…so I decided to channel a little Dr. Frankenstein!!! I used pieces from several different Alterables and, Boom, I love what happened, the Luna Angel was born! Add in Lyrics from “Ol’ Blue Eyes” a little star dust, and I was on my way!  


I started by prepping an 8x10 canvas, and then started layering on several different colors of paint, green, sky blue, pink, gray and cream. As I started to layer, I would rub off some of each color ending with the uneven finish. When that was dry, I used the Stars #4, and when printed it has such a dreamy color tone, perfect for an early night sky. I randomly tore the edges, and then glued it on my now dry canvas. Before the ModPodge dried I “mushed” on some frayed burlap Distress Ink.


While that was drying, I used the cream paint on the other pieces and parts I needed for my girl and all the other goodies that made up my starry sky. I printed out the beginning lyrics of “Fly me to the moon”, cut them out. I used one of the digi sheet 171 large moon faces and one of the lovely faces from sheet 315.


The wait is over, the paint is dry! I placed the scalloped circle in the night sky using my new favorite, Aleene’s Ultimate Multi-Surface Glue and used ModPodge to place the moon. Here comes the Dr. Frankenstein moment…parts from: Curious Doll #3, Fancy Angels, Nutcracker Ballerina; after all the bits and pieces for my lovely gal were dry, I used a stamp and burlap ink pad, and gave her a little texture. When that was dry, I used some seam binding to make her skirt and some glue and the rusted wire to fasten it. The lovely face was placed in a brass pendant with ModPodge and then all pieces glued to the canvas. I used a silver bezel behind her head, because I could, and added a couple of stars.


I sprinkled some stardust, aka, silver glass glitter, added some painted stars topped with vintage gel buttons and let the lyrics dance down the canvas. A beautiful starry sky with some soft clouds and a pretty girl playing among the stars….


See you in September…